Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Running

TARGET BEFORE THE BIG DAY: 135 and a toned tummy!


I've recently joined a 10k marathon for October. I am scared and excited at the same time. I'm scared cause this is my very first marathon and already, I'm doing 10k; Excited, cause this is a new experience for me and babycakes and this is actually gonna PUSH me to do beyond what I normally do slash beyond my comfort zone.


Running ain't that new to me though I have never experienced running in a marathon. I used to jog around the quadrangle when I was still training for volleyball varsity in high school, I also run the treadmill at the gym. This We Run Manila 10K is a BIG CHALLENGE for me. Never in my life have I thought of joining events like this cause 1) I'm not a fast runner 2) I [used to] get easily tired 3) I'd rather bike. But I am little by little getting the hang of it. I am really looking forward to running this marathon! 


So my dad accompanied me to A Runner's Circle in Quirino to buy new running shoes. My budget was 3,500 but i ended up doubling it for this, haha! I was unaware of how important running shoes are to a runner [naks!]. Choosing the right shoes is extremely important because it promotes correct bio-mechanics and shock absorption [for an injury free run]. 


I'm about to try it tonight [excited MUCH!]. I hope this indeed is the perfect running shoes for me! Keeping my fingers [and toes] crossed! :]

0 comments:

Post a Comment