Friday, October 7, 2011

Toast Box, Robinsons Place Manila

Two or Three Saturdays ago, I treated myself to a light dinner turned heavy. I was devastated due to unforeseen circumstances that happened earlier that day. So, Dad dropped me off at Robinsons cause I was hungry and he had to go back to the office. I then saw Toastbox. Trivia, Toastbox was established in Singapore in 2005. It started as a small food stall that has grown steadily and has fast expanded to different parts of Asia. So anyway, I went in, scanned the menu, which was very SINGAPOREAN btw. I ordered a French Toast set with eggs, and Teh Tarik [Tea with Milk, just not sure if I used the right term]. I had to add P15 to add ice to my milk tea [that much]. What I enjoyed most about my first time was the the ambiance of Toast Box!! I love the theme, the interior, and the excellent lighting too! I  am also in love with their milk tea [you know, the pulled real thing, not the fad], it's not too sweet, strong, and bland. Theirs is just right :] [I actually like it better than Kopi Roti]. Their French Toast is okay, a bit too oily for me [umay much]. French Toast is normally soaked in Egg and Milk, and should be light; but their version is a bit too..Textured? Heavy for the tummy? I still prefer my homemade French Toast. I haven't tried their Haina Chicken yet, I just hope that it's good compared to Hainanese Chicken wannabes out there, lol. Their Prawn Mee is..WEIRD. I swear! The taste is a mixture of sweet, tangy, and spicy, literally. It was, sad to say, a bit disgusting. But, I suggest you order their Milo Dinosaur, it's fun and yummy!! I'd rate this, overall, a 3/5 stars :] 









0 comments:

Post a Comment