Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Packing

I`ve always had a knack for travelling, both local and abroad. But what I dislike most about it is the packing part.
Admittedly, I`m not a wise packer, nor do I enjoy it. I used to just pick all the clothes and let my mom do the work. My mom loves to fold and fix clothes on my luggage everytime I travel. It is pretty much beneficial for both of us; beneficial for me cause I just sit there and watch her pack [lazy like that] and for her, cause she LOVES to put all her "PASALUBONGS" on the excess space / canals of my bag, wise woman eh.

Anyway, were just days away from THE BIG SUMMER TRIP and I still haven`t figured out what I should bring. I`ll most definitely bring half a month`s worth of clothes which I have thoroughly sorted but I`m still organizing things so my bag`s still a big mountain of junk. Sister told me that that volume is enough since were washing our clothes there. I`m ashamed to say that I don`t know how to wash my clothes [undies not included]. I`ll probably ask my sister to help me wash my clothes [my sister is awesum]. 

I tried to be practical and all and made a list of tips that will be helpful for me and my packing dilemma.
TIPS AND TRICKS:

1. List down all the important things that you need. What I do is I sort them out in batches for easy reference.
For example, 
Batch A - Clothes 
Batch B - Make-up and Toiletries 
Batch C - Gadgets 
Batch D - Money and Documents [IMPORTANT]

2. Travel Light - Bring only what you will wear and what you need especially if the trip is for leisure since I am pretty sure that Shopping is a part of the itinerary. 

3. Airtight Bags / Vacuum Bags / Ziploc Bags are super useful and a huge space saver. Use Ziploc Bags for underwear and bathing suit for space saving. Use it for Shirts and Camisoles again for space saving. Ziploc Bags remove air and compress whatever it is that you would put in it [an instant space saving tip which I learned from my mom]. You would also want to put your make-up or toiletries if you don`t have a toiletry bag.

4. Clothing Pieces and Footwear should be comfy specially for long walks and trips. At least for me. 

5. Distribute money and cards to different areas of your bag [this i got from dad]. If you lose some, at least you still have spare.
I think those are the tips that I`ve learned. 
Feel free to comment below on your own personal travelling tips!



0 comments:

Post a Comment