Wednesday, January 12, 2011

French Toast

I love my French Toast! :]


Ingredients:
4 slices of bread
4 eggs
about 1/2 a cup to 1 cup of Milk
Teaspoon of Sugar [optional]
Teaspoon of Salt [optional]
1 tsp Vanilla
Powdered Sugar [optional]
Maple Syrup
Butter [optional]

Break eggs in a wide shallow bowl. Beat lightly with a fork. Add Milk and Vanilla. Soak bread in Egg and Milk mixture until coated very well. Don`t leave the bread in the mixture for too long cause it will become too soggy [at least for me]. Turn to coat the other side. I do the coating of slices one at a time.

You can either use butter or oil for this but I prefer oil. I just cook the coated bread in a skillet. Turn when side turns light brown or golden brown, depending on your preference.

Serve with butter [optional but makes it creamier and calorie heavy] and powdered suger or maple syrup. Top with preferred fruits. 

voilĂ !

0 comments:

Post a Comment